Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions constitute a legally binding contract (this "Agreement") between you (“you” or “your”) and SinaLite (as defined below) that governs all use by you of the sinalite.com print-on-demand website (the "Site") and the services available on or at the Site (taken together with the use of the Site, the "Services"). We’ll refer to SinaLite and all of its subsidiaries and affiliated companies collectively as "SinaLite", "we", "our", "us", etc. SinaLite is a wholesale trade printer providing print-on-demand services for businesses that want to outsource the printing and delivering component. SinaLite white-label prints and dropships products ("Products") directly to you and your customers ("Customers").
YOUR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHERMORE, BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THE SITE, YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
If you do not agree to this Agreement, do not use the Site or any other Services.
If you use our Services only for your personal use, you are considered a "User". If you use our Services to execute orders or deliver Products to third parties (including Customers), you are considered a "Merchant".
Regardless if you are a user or merchant, Section 19 of this agreement requires that all disputes (as defined below) arising from or relating to this agreement be resolved by arbitration on an individual basis, rather than by jury trial or class actions, except as otherwise provided by Section 19.
1. Access and Membership
In order to enjoy all of SinaLite's benefits, you must register your account and become a member ("Member"). Membership requires that you register on the Site (including by truthfully filling out all required personal information). You may opt out of marketing and promotional activities, including emails. You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting SinaLite. To complete registration, you shall provide a name, surname, email address and password. You may never use another user's SinaLite account without permission from that user. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify SinaLite immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although SinaLite will not be liable for your and your Customer’s losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of SinaLite and others due to such unauthorized use.
SinaLite may change, suspend or discontinue the Services, Products, fees, charges, terms at any time, including the availability of any feature or content. SinaLite may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict the User's access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. If you are an individual (rather than an organization or entity), then you certify to SinaLite that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization or entity then you certify that you are legally authorized and permitted to bind such organization or entity to this Agreement and use the Services. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, you agree to take full responsibility for your selection and use of the Services. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access or use the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
SinaLite reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify this Agreement and its terms, as well as the fees and other charges for our Services, at any time. All such modifications will become effective immediately after SinaLite posts them on the Site. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with all such modifications, and you agree to review the terms of this Agreement each time you access or use the Site so that you are aware of any modifications made to this Agreement. Use of the Site and other Services by you after SinaLite posts the modifications on the Site constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, as modified. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you are not authorized to access or use the Site or other Services, and you must send SinaLite a written notification, including via email (and your SinaLite account will be deleted), to close your account within 30 days of notice.
All content (including all information, images, pictures, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, and other materials, hereinafter "Content") that you post, submit, upload, display, sell or use, hereinafter "post", using our Services is your content. We don’t make any claim(s) to it. That includes anything you post using our Services (like your Content, images, shop name, your customer reviews, comments, videos, usernames, etc.).
- Responsibility for the Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through the Services. You represent that you have all necessary rights to the Content, including all necessary rights to post it or use it on your Products sold, manufactured, or warehoused by SinaLite. You also represent that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting the Content or using the Content on your Products sold, manufactured, or warehoused by SinaLite.
- Permission to Use the Content. SinaLite agrees that any Content that you post using our Services will remain yours. This means that we will never use your Content except with your express permission or as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
- Rights You Grant SinaLite. By posting your Content, you grant SinaLite a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of your Content to provide the Services and to promote SinaLite and/or your SinaLite store, or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any SinaLite Services, third-party website, advertising medium and/or social media. You agree and represent that you have the rights to grant this license to us.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. SinaLite respects intellectual property rights and follows intellectual property laws. We are committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Service(s).
- Intellectual Property. SinaLite respects your work and empowers you to express your voice and ideas. We ask that you respect the work and creative rights of others. You need to either own the Content you post to SinaLite, or have the express authority to post it. Content must comply with right of publicity, trademark and copyright laws, and all other applicable state and federal laws.
Trademarks and Infringement of Intellectual Property. We are committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. SinaLite will try to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to identify and protect their works. SinaLite reserves the right to do any or all of the following at any time at our sole discretion: (i) immediately suspend your use of the Services; and/or (ii) remove, block, and disable access to any of your Content that is alleged to infringe the intellectual property rights of others. When we receive proper notice of intellectual property infringement (via email firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise), SinaLite strives to respond quickly by removing, blocking, or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material. When SinaLite removes, blocks or disables access in response to such a notice, SinaLite makes a reasonable attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party, provide information about the notice and removal, and, in cases of alleged copyright infringement, provide information about counter notification.
- Copyright Law Cooperation: SinaLite’s copyright infringement notice and Content removal policies and procedures are intended to comply with the requirements and obligations of service providers under the copyright laws of Canada. To the extent any requirements and obligations of service providers under the copyright laws of Canada change or are different than set forth herein, SinaLite’s policies and procedure may likewise change in accordance with the legal requirements and obligations of service providers.
- Counter Copyright Law Notifications: If SinaLite receives a copyright law counter notification, SinaLite will send a copy of the counter notice to the original complaining party. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the allegedly infringing party and informs SinaLite of this action, the removed, blocked, or disabled material may be replaced or access to it may be restored 10-14 business days after delivery of the counter notice to the original complaining party. If an action is filed, any Content removed, blocked, or disabled shall remain removed, blocked or disabled at the sole discretion of SinaLite.
- Repeat Infringement: SinaLite may terminate account privileges of Members that are subject to repeat notices of intellectual property infringement as determined by SinaLite at its sole discretion.
- Copyright and Trademark Responsibility. You agree and represent by accepting this Agreement and using our Services that you own all rights (including copyrights) for the Content you post, or if you are not the owner, that you have express authority and written permission to use and reproduce the Content in connection with the Services, and that you have all of the rights required to post your Content. Likewise, by accepting this Agreement and using our Services, you agree and represent that you own all trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and trade names incorporated into the Content you post, or if you are not the owner, that you have express authority and written permission to use, post, and reproduce such marks, trade dress, and trade names in connection with any Content and the Services provided under this Agreement.
- Inappropriate, False, or Misleading Content. You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, illegal or otherwise offensive or in violation of any part of this Agreement. You also agree not to post any Content that is false or misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
4. Use of Services
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services, platforms, and integrations subject to this Agreement and the following restrictions in particular:
- Don’t Use Our Services to Break the Law. You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal, and international laws that may apply to you or SinaLite. For example, it’s your responsibility to obtain any permits or licenses that your store may require; you must not engage in fraud, theft, anti-competitive conduct, threatening conduct, or any other unlawful acts or crimes against SinaLite, another SinaLite user, or a third party. You also agree that you are not the target of trade, financial, and economic sanctions, and that you do not appear on a sanctions-related list. You also agree that you will not export, reexport, or otherwise transfer SinaLite’s Products to countries or territories that are the target of comprehensive embargoes or sanctions or parties on sanctions-related lists. You agree not to use the Services: (i) to impersonate or attempt to impersonate SinaLite, any other SinaLite Party (as defined below), or any other person or entity; or (ii) for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise. The following are collectively referred to as the “SinaLite Parties”: (a) SinaLite, (b) SinaLite’s subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and joint ventures, and (c) the officers, directors, members, managers, equity holders, agents, and employees of SinaLite and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and joint ventures.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems. You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code into our platforms, third party services, or other programs or systems our clients may use to promote their Products. You agree not to use the Services: (i) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which does not comply with this Agreement; or (ii) to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm any SinaLite Party or expose any of them to liability. You agree that SinaLite reserves the right to audit our platforms (systems) to ensure integrity and compliance with this Agreement, at the sole discretion of SinaLite.
- Follow Brand Guidelines. The name “SinaLite”, our iconography, phrases, logos, and designs that we use in connection with the Products or Services we provide are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of SinaLite, that are used for proprietary purposes at our sole discretion. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, SinaLite does not grant you any rights to use its trademarks, service marks, or trade dress. You may state in connection with the Services or Products provided by SinaLite that SinaLite provided such Services or Products. If you use any of our trademarks in reference to our Products or Services, you must include a statement attributing that trademark to us. You must not use any of our trademarks: (i) in or as the whole or part of your own trademarks; (ii) in connection with activities, Products or Services which are not ours; (iii) in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or (iv) in a manner that disparages us or our information, Products or Services (including the Site). SinaLite reserves the right to request you to immediately remove any such misused iconography, phrases, logos, and designs at our sole discretion.
- Share Your Ideas. We love your suggestions and ideas! They can help us improve your experience and our Services. Any unsolicited ideas or other materials you submit to SinaLite (not including your Content or Products you sell or warehouse through our Services) are considered non-confidential and nonproprietary to you. By submitting those ideas and materials to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, non-revocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you at any time.
- Communication Methods. SinaLite will provide you with certain legal information in writing. By using our Services, you’re agreeing to our communication methods which describe how we provide that information to you. This simply means that we reserve the right to send you information electronically (by email, etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies (it’s better for the environment).
- Digital Items. Digital items (like mockups, templates, images and other design assets) and texts created in connection with the Products and/or Services we offer and their intellectual property rights belong exclusively to SinaLite. Digital items and any results may only be used in connection with the advertising, promoting, offering and sale of SinaLite’s Products and may not be used for other purposes or in conjunction with products from other manufacturers.
5. Content and Services
- Items Your Clients Purchase Through Our Sites. You understand that SinaLite cannot and does not make any warranties about your Content, stores, or what you sell to your Customer that we may warehouse. Any legal claim related to a Product your Customers purchase must be brought directly against you as the seller of the Product. You release SinaLite from any claims related to Products sold by you through our Services, including claims for misrepresentations by you to your Customers or claims for physical injury or property damage by any of your Products that are warehoused for you by SinaLite.
- Content You Access. Your Customers may come across materials that they find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. We make no representations concerning any content posted by others through the Services. SinaLite is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by others that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
Services. SinaLite is dedicated to making our Services the best they can be, but we’re not perfect and sometimes things can go wrong. You understand that our Services are provided “as is,” with all faults and without any kind of warranty (express or implied), except for the warranties provided with respect to Products in Section 7 below. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we are expressly disclaiming any and all warranties or conditions of non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any warranties or conditions implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade, with respect to our services, except for the warranties or conditions provided with respect to products in Section 7 below. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties or conditions, so the above limitations may not apply to you. We do not guarantee that:
- the Services will be secure or available at any particular time or location – SinaLite shall not be liable for any delays, interruptions or loss of data in connection with the use of our Site and Services
- any errors for which SinaLite is responsible will be corrected;
- the Services will always be free of viruses or other harmful materials; or
- the results of using the Services will meet your expectations. You use the Services solely at your own risk
- Liability limits. to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither sinalite nor any other sinalite party shall be liable to you or your customers for any lost profits or revenues, diminution in value, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, enhanced, or punitive damages arising out of or relating to the services or this agreement, regardless of (i) whether any of the foregoing damages were foreseeable, (ii) whether or not you were advised of the possibility of incurring any of the foregoing damages, (iii) the legal or equitable theory (contract, tort, or otherwise) upon which the claim is based, and (iv) any specific circumstances of you and/or your customer. The liability of the sinalite parties will under no circumstances exceed the actual amount paid by you for the service that you have purchased or used through the site. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or certain other damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
6. Order Approval
You are fully responsible for the final proof and layout approval prior to the printing process. SinaLite is not liable for errors in a final product caused by any of the following reasons: language and grammar, graphics, bleeds, damaged fonts, overprinting, form fields, files not built to template, or page order.
Customer acknowledgement: I have verified that the content is correct. I am satisfied with the document layout. I understand that my document will print as is, that I may not be able to make any changes once my order is placed, and that I assume all responsibility for content errors. By submitting my order to SinaLite I agree to the SinaLite Terms of Service.
7. Limited Warranty on Products
- Limited Warranty. We warrant that, at the time of delivery of a Product to a User or the Merchant’s Customer, the Product will not be materially defective or damaged (the “Limited Warranty”).
- Who May Use This Warranty? SinaLite extends the Limited Warranty only to Users and Merchants. All Limited Warranty coverage terminates if the User or the Merchant’s Customer sells or otherwise transfers a Product.
- What Does This Warranty Not Cover? This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage to or defect in a Product caused by any of the following: (a) you or third parties; (b) any improper handling (including during shipping), use or storage of the Product; (c) any failure to follow any Product instructions; (d) any modifications to the Product; (e) any unauthorized repair to the Product; or (f) any external causes such as accidents, fire, flood, “acts of God” or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control; or (g) any costs or expenses related to the loss of use of the Product or any other costs or expenses not covered by this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty does not cover any items supplied by third parties, size exchanges or buyer’s remorse.
Finally, as noted elsewhere in this Agreement, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that the colors and details in our website images are 100% accurate representations of a Product, and sizes might in some cases be approximate. Accordingly, this Limited Warranty does not cover such matters.
- What Is The Period Of Coverage? This limited warranty starts on the date of the delivery of the Product to the User or the Merchant’s Customer and lasts for ten (10) days (the “Warranty Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, SinaLite acknowledges that according to some jurisdictions the User may be entitled to a longer Warranty Period.
- What Are Your Remedies Under This Warranty? With respect to any materially defective or damaged Product, we will, in our sole discretion, either: (a) replace such Product (or the defective or damaged part of the Product) free of charge, or (b) refund the purchase price paid to us by the User or the Merchant along with the shipping fees corresponding to the defective or damaged Products.
- How Do You Obtain Warranty Service? Promptly following delivery of a Product, you or your Customer (if you are a Merchant) will inspect the Product. If a Product is materially defective (including any error by SinaLite in printing) or damaged upon receipt, or if you received the wrong Product, then in order to be eligible for service under this Limited Warranty, you must submit a claim within the Warranty Period in writing to email@example.com. If you are a Merchant, your Customer should contact you regarding any defective or damaged Product and with respect to any delivery of the wrong Product.
- Limitation of Liability. The remedies described in this Section 7 are your sole and exclusive remedies (and our entire liability) for any breach of this limited warranty. our liability for a defective or damaged product shall under no circumstances exceed the actual amount received by us for the product, nor shall we under any circumstances, to the fullest extent permitted by law, be liable for any lost profits or revenues, diminution in value, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, enhanced or punitive damages or losses arising out of our products, regardless of (i) whether any of the foregoing damages were foreseeable, (ii) whether or not you were advised of the possibility of incurring any of the foregoing damages, (iii) the legal or equitable theory (contract, tort, or otherwise) upon which the claim is based, and (iv) any specific circumstances of you and/or your customer. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. we limit the duration and remedies of all implied warranties or conditions with respect to our products, including without limitation the warranties or conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, to the duration of the warranty period. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty or condition lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
8. Responsibility of Site Members and Visitors
Violation of this Agreement or any other rules will result in the termination of your SinaLite account.
SinaLite and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, SinaLite and its designees shall have the right to remove, block, and disable any Content. You agree that you must evaluate and to the extent permitted by law bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by SinaLite or submitted to SinaLite, including without limitation information in SinaLite collaborations, posts and in all other parts of the SinaLite Services.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend or terminate our Services and your account, prohibit access to our Site, delay, remove, block, or disable hosted Content, and take technical and legal steps to keep you off the Site if we think that you are creating problems, causing possible legal liabilities, breaching this Agreement, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for extended periods of time. You are responsible for providing SinaLite with accurate and truthful information (including but not limited to your name and surname if you are a User or retail price if you are a Merchant). If you have provided SinaLite with inaccurate or false information, (a) you shall be liable to SinaLite for damages and losses (including but not limited to taxes) arising out of such inaccurate or false information, (b) you shall reimburse such damages and losses (including but not limited to taxes) to SinaLite, and (c) SinaLite shall have the right to charge you for such damages and losses (including but not limited to taxes) and otherwise limit or suspend your access to the Services.
9. Payments and fees
You may choose to save your billing information to use it for all future orders and charges associated with SinaLite Products and/or Services. In such case, you also acknowledge and agree that this information will be stored and processed by third party PCI DSS compliant service providers.
When you order a Product, or use a Service that has a fee, you will be charged, and you agree to pay, the fees in effect at the time the order is placed. We may change our fees from time to time (for example, when we have holiday sales, offer you a discount of base product prices, etc.). We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our Services for promotional events or new Services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new Service on the Site or inform you individually. The sale will be submitted for processing and you will be charged as soon as you confirm it. You may then receive an email from us.
By placing an order through the Site, you are confirming that you are legally entitled to use the means of payment tendered and, in the case of card payments, that you are either the cardholder or have the cardholder's express permission to utilize the card to effect payment. In case of an unauthorized use of a payment method, you will be personally liable for, and shall reimburse SinaLite for damages resulting from such unauthorized use.
With regard to payment methods, you represent to SinaLite that (i) the billing information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete and (ii) to the best of your knowledge, charges incurred by you will be honored by your financial institution (including but not limited to credit card company) or payment service provider.
If you or your Customer makes any return which does not comply with our policies, you will reimburse SinaLite for its losses, which consist of fulfillment costs and chargeback handling fees.
We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse to provide Services to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of refusing or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Unless stated otherwise, you may choose currency from the options available at the Site in which all fees and payments will be quoted. You are responsible for paying all fees, payments and applicable taxes associated with our Site and Services. After receiving your order you may receive an email from us with the details and description of the Products ordered. Payment of the total price plus taxes and delivery must be made in full before the dispatch of your Products.
SinaLite at its sole discretion may offer you various discounts, as well as change, suspend or discontinue them at any time. You may find more information about the available discounts at the Site, in the marketing and promotional emails or via other channels or events SinaLite may use or participate in.
Aside from the limited circumstances set out below, you are responsible for (and shall charge) all applicable taxes, such as but not limited to sales taxes, VAT, GST, HST and others, and duties associated with the Products (if and as applicable).
In Canada, SinaLite may collect the applicable taxes from you as the seller and pay this to the relevant tax authority (if and as applicable).
In certain cases you are required to provide a valid exemption certificate such as Resale certificate, VAT ID or ABN.
Once you have confirmed your order, it might not be possible to edit or cancel it. If you want to change some parameters, Customer addresses, etc., please check whether such an option is available in your account. We are not bound to make such modifications to your order, but we will do our best on a case-by-case basis.
The risk of loss of, damage to and title for Products pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. It shall be your (if you are a User) or your Customer's (if you are a Merchant) responsibility to file any claim with a carrier for a lost shipment if carrier tracking indicates that the Product was delivered. In such case SinaLite will not make any refunds and will not resend the Product.
If carrier tracking indicates that a Product was lost in transit, you or your Customer may send a written claim for replacement of (or credit to the Member’s account for) the lost Product to firstname.lastname@example.org. For Products lost in transit, all claims must be submitted no later than 10 days after the estimated delivery date. All such claims are subject to SinaLite investigation and sole discretion.
12. Description of products
While many component parts of our Products are standard, all Products available for purchase are described on their specific page on our Site. We always try to represent each design as accurately as possible via photography and copy points provided by designers, artists or photographers.
We have a policy of continuous Product development so we can provide you with what we consider the best design combined with best performance, and thus reserve the right to amend the specifications of Products, their price, packaging, and any Service associated at any time, without notice. Before ordering, we invite you to have a close look at the Product description, price, and design. You will be charged the price that is in effect at the time your order was placed.
We use our best efforts to provide you with the best images and descriptions, but unfortunately cannot guarantee that colors and details in website images are 100% accurate representations of the product, and sizes might in some cases be approximate.
Sometimes during the manufacturing process Products can be damaged. We won’t knowingly ship damaged items to you (your Customers), but these damaged items can still be used for charitable purposes. SinaLite reserves the right to donate all damaged items with full or partial designs to charity and you hereby waive your right to collect royalties or other fees regarding damaged Products that are donated.
13. Purchase of products
Your order is purchase of a Product for which you have paid the applicable fee and/or other charges that we have accepted and received. Any Products in the same order which we have not accepted do not form part of that contract. We may choose not to accept any orders at our sole discretion.
Orders are placed and received exclusively via the Site. Before ordering from us, it is your responsibility to check and determine full ability to receive the Products. Correct name of the recipient, delivery address and postal code/zip code, up-to-date telephone number, and email address are absolutely necessary to ensure successful delivery of Products.
All information asked on the checkout page must be filled in precisely and accurately. SinaLite will not be responsible for missed delivery because of a wrong or misspelled recipient name or surname, delivery address or an inappropriate phone number. Should you like to ask for a change in the delivery address, phone number, or any other special requirements, please contact SinaLite.
We deliver to most places in Canada and the United States. You shall cover delivery costs. Delivery prices are additional to the Product’s price and may vary depending on delivery location and/or sort of Products, and additional charges may be added to the order for remote or difficult to access locations that require special attention. Flat rate delivery charges are shown on our checkout page; however, we reserve the right to advise you of any additional delivery charges that apply to your specific delivery address.
Some Products are packaged and shipped separately. We cannot guarantee delivery dates and to the extent permitted by law accept no responsibility, apart from advising you of any known delay, for Products that are delivered after the estimated delivery date. Average time for delivery may be shown on the Site. It is only an average estimation, and some delivery can take longer, or alternatively be delivered much faster. All delivery estimates given at the time of placing and confirming order can be subject to change. In any case, we will do our best to contact you and advise you of all changes. We try our best to make Product delivery as simple as possible.
Ownership of the Products will only pass to you/Customer after we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges and taxes, and deliver the Products to the carrier.
We make no guarantees with respect to any collaboration we undertake with you, including any collaboration with respect to Services, Products (including new Products) or any integration with a vendor platform.
15. Color Proofing and Matching
SinaLite is not liable for color matching or ink density on screen proofs approved by the customers. Screen proofs will predict design layout, text accuracy, image proportion and placement, but not color or density. While SinaLite will try its best to match the gradient density of each color, SinaLite is not liable for the final appearance of a color.
Because of differences in equipment, inks and other conditions between color proofing and production pressroom operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job is expected, unavoidable and shall constitute an acceptable delivery. There may be from time to time a misrepresentation of color due to soft proofing because of the difference in the calibration of monitors. SinaLite will make every effort to produce a reasonable representation based on materials supplied by the customer; however, SinaLite does not guarantee color matching.
16. Returns & Refunds
Since each order is unique to the merchant and has no resale value, all sales are final. If, after investigating, we verify that we made an error, we will reprint the order or issue a credit or refund accordingly. You must notify SinaLite within 10 business days of your customer receiving the order to notify us of any defects discovered in the ordered product, failing which you are deemed satisfied with the product. We may occasionally request that we pick up the printed material prior to issuing the reprint, credit, or refund.
To the fullest extent permitted by law you release us and all other SinaLite Parties from any and all claims and demands, as well as any and all damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, reasonable attorneys' fees, and other expenses incurred or suffered by any SinaLite Party, of every kind and nature, known and unknown, relating to or arising out of any right, claim, or matter (a) which is disclaimed by SinaLite (or for which SinaLite provides no guarantees) under this Agreement, or (b) for which SinaLite is otherwise indemnified or released by you under this Agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law you will defend, indemnify, and hold SinaLite and the other SinaLite Parties harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party (including, but not limited to, your Customer), as well as any and all damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, reasonable attorneys' fees, and other expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, incurred or suffered by the SinaLite Parties, relating to or arising out of (a) your breach of this Agreement, (b) your use (or misuse) of our Services, (c) your Content, (d) the infringement by your Content or your account of someone else’s intellectual property or other rights, (d) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or (e) if you are a Merchant, any claims related to products or items sold by you through our Services, including claims for misrepresentations by you to your Customers and claims for physical injury or property damage by any of your products or items that are warehoused for you by SinaLite. We reserve the right to handle our legal defense however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
19. Governing Law
This Agreement, and all disputes and claims arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation including non-contractual disputes and claims, are governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. These laws will apply no matter where in the world you live or are located.
20. Arbitration and Jury Trial Waiver
“Disputes” means all disputes and claims arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation including non-contractual disputes and claims. All Disputes shall be finally settled by final and confidential binding arbitration using the English language. Unless SinaLite and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in Ontario, Canada. Judgment on any arbitration award may be entered and enforced by any court that has jurisdiction to do so. Any arbitration will take place on an individual basis and the arbitrator is not empowered to conduct a class arbitration, class action or to resolve claims of more than a single claimant in anything other than a single proceeding, unless both parties consent.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you and SinLite knowingly, voluntarily, irrevocably and absolutely waive all rights to a trial by jury of any and all disputes (as defined above). This jury trial waiver is intentionally made as you and SinaLite would prefer to resolve all disputes (as defined above) as provided by this Section 19. This jury trial waiver is a material inducement to entering into this agreement. furthermore, you and sinalite knowingly, voluntarily, irrevocably and absolutely waive all rights to participate in a class action, class arbitration or other form of joint dispute resolution with other parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may instead assert your claim in any Dispute in “small claims” court if you provide us with written notice of your intention to do so before any claim is submitted to arbitration and provided that (a) your claim qualifies, (b) your claim remains in such court, and (c) your claim remains on an individual, non-representative, and non-class basis.
Also, notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to bring an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable or conservatory relief, pending a final decision by the arbitrator.
You and SinaLite shall each bear 50% of all fees and expenses of the arbitrator. The arbitrator may award such fees and expenses of the arbitrator as well as other expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees to a prevailing party consistent with the provisions of the arbitration rules.
21. Privacy and Personal Data Processing
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, franchisor-franchisee relationship, etc. is intended or created by this Agreement.
SinaLite will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in SinaLite’s performance under this Agreement when such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as any fire; flood; earthquake; governmental action; war, invasion or hostilities; national emergency; explosion; terrorist threat or act; riot or other civil unrest; insurrection; epidemic; lockout, strike or other labor dispute (whether or not relating to our workforce); inability or delay in obtaining supplies; telecommunication breakdown; or power outage.
You represent that you have all necessary permits to grant us with Customer’s personal data to fulfill this Agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In our sole discretion, we may assign this Agreement upon notice to you. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this Agreement.
SinaLite reserves the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please email us at email@example.com.
The version of this Policy is effective July 17, 2020.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, disclose, or sell the personal information about users under the age of sixteen (16). If you are under the age of 16, please do not use our Services. If you are under the age of 16 and have used our Services, please contact us at the email address below so that we may delete your personal information.
If you use our Services only for your personal use, you are to be considered as the “User”, and we are the data controller.
If you use our Services to execute orders and deliver products to third parties, you are to be considered as the “Merchant” and with regard to your contact details and the other data listed in Section 1 below, we are the data controller. Where we act on a Merchant’s behalf to fulfil an order with regard to the Merchant’s customer, we are a data processor.
1. Information we collect
1.1. Information collected about Users and Merchants and how we use it
Where you are a User and it is necessary for us to fulfil our contract with you or where it is in our legitimate interests to provide our Services, we will conﬁrm your identity, contact you, provide customer support (including via chat, social media, or other platforms, where you may reach us), operate your account with us and invoice you. For the aforementioned purposes, we collect information that may contain the following personal data:
- Company name;
- Shipping information;
- Email address and phone number;
- Payment and billing information (payment method details, first and last digits of your payment card);
- Order handling information
If you have given your consent when registering your account, when subscribing to our newsletter or blog, or shared your email address or other personal data with us to receive any other information, we will process your email address to send you the informative and/or promotional materials, to which you have subscribed to, for example, newsletters, advertisements of our Services and other information about our Services that you have requested. At any point in time you can unsubscribe from receiving the above-mentioned information in our email footers and through your notiﬁcation settings on SinaLite. Merchants, we will not use the contact details of your customers to directly market or advertise our Services to them.
When you call our customer support phone line, we may monitor or record the call to ensure the quality of our customer support. If you have a SinaLite account, we will retain the recording for as long as you have an account. If you do not have an account, we will delete the recording within 12 months or retain it, if it will be needed to resolve disputes between you and us.
By using cookies and similar technology on our website, we may collect data such as information on your device, your preferences and information filled while visiting our website, your interaction with the website, and other information used for analytical, marketing, and targeting activities (including unique visits, returning visits, length of the session, actions carried out in the webpage).
As it is in our legitimate interests to ensure our network security, give you access to and to improve our Services, we also collect the following technical usage data:
- How and when you access your account;
- Information about the device and browser you use;
- IP address and device data.
1.2. Information collected about our Merchant’s Customers
Where we act on a Merchant’s behalf to fulfil an order with regard to the Merchant’s customer (i.e. an end user of our Services), we are a data processor and we collect information relating to the Merchant’s customer, such as personal data relating to the end user of our Services, any personal data in the printing content (where applicable), personal data revealed during the use of any SinaLite services, including name, email address, phone number, shipping address, and other information about the Merchant's customers.
2. Sharing personal data with third parties
In order for SinaLite to provide you with our Services, we work with third parties (“Third Party Service Providers”) with whom we share personal data to support these Services.
Information you have provided to us during the use of our Services, including technical usage data, is shared with third parties who provide hosting and server co-location services as well as data and cyber security services.
Your email address and other contact details you have provided to us and your messages to our customer service is shared with communication, email distribution, and content delivery services as well as customer support system providers.
Information regarding your purchases and payments is shared with billing and payment processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, accounting and ﬁnancial advisors.
Information regarding your use of our website and other information received from cookies and similar technology is shared with web analytics, session recording, and online marketing services.
Information on your account, purchases and preferences can be shared with marketing services.
Insofar as reasonably necessary to defend our legal rights, we may share your personal data with our legal advisors.
We will only share personal data to Third Party Service Providers that have undertaken to comply with obligations set out in applicable data protection laws.
In certain circumstances, we are required to share information with third parties to comply with legal requirements or requests, as well as to protect our, or a third party’s, lawful interests. We will also disclose your information to third parties in and outside your country only to the extent allowed by applicable law, including:
- to a prospective purchaser or purchaser that acquires all or substantially all of us or our business;
- to a third party in the event that we sell or buy any business or undergo a merger, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective buyer of such business; and
- to a third party if we sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, undergo a reorganisation, bankruptcy, or liquidation; or otherwise undertake a business transaction or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets
3. Retention periods
We may retain your personal data for as long as you have a SinaLite account or any of the abovementioned legal basis for personal data processing still exists. For example, if you unsubscribe to our marketing, newsletter, or blog emails, we will stop the processing of the personal data for such purposes.
After terminating your relationship with us by deleting your SinaLite account or otherwise ceasing to use our Services, we may continue to store copies of your (and in regard to Merchants, your customers' personal data) as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes between you and us (or you and your customers), to prevent fraud and abuse, to enforce our agreements, and/or to protect our legitimate interests.
4. Data subject's rights
If you believe that we have unlawfully processed your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the contact information provided below, or to your respective data protection supervisory authority. If you are a customer of a Merchant (an end user of our Services), please direct your concern to the relevant Merchant in the first instance.
5. Information security
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect the conﬁdentiality, integrity, and availability of personal data. We encourage you to take care of the personal data in your possession that you process online and set strong passwords for your SinaLite account, limit access to your computer and browser by signing out after you have ﬁnished your session, and avoid providing us with any sensitive information.
10. Contact information
The version of this Policy is effective July 10, 2020.